And the Winner is…
The majority rules! We will be attending Cusco, Peru spring break 2017! It is only appreciate to learn about the culture and people there! Here are top 5 facts you need to know about Peru!
1. This Peruvian city is widely considered the archaeological capital of the Americas thanks to its incredible mix of colonial and ancient Incan architecture.
2. The potato is originally from Peru, and there are over 3,000 different varieties. Proud Peruvians use the phrase “Soy mas Peruano que la papa” (I am more Peruvian than the potato).
3. Peru is the 6th largest producer of gold.
4. Two-thirds of Peru is covered in prime Amazon Rain Forest.
5. Peru has 1625 types of orchids of-which 425 can be found growing naturally close to Machu Picchu. The Inkaterra Hotel in Machu Picchu has South America’s largest privately owned collection at 500 varieties.